Our qualified, bilingual navigators/enrollment specialists are here to make the enrollment process for health insurance and food assistance easy and stress free.
Marketplace and Medicaid (KanCare) insurance enrollment is available Monday-Wednesday at our Olathe location. Appointments are also available at the Mission and Olathe Health Department locations on Thursdays.
On Thursdays at our Olathe location, 405 S. Claiborne Rd., Ste. 2, we are available to enroll individuals in food assistance, often known as SNAP, and temporary assistance for needy families and childcare in addition to Marketplace and Medicaid insurance enrollment.
To schedule a free enrollment appointment, call 913-730-3653.
What to bring
- Proof of income for every person in the home
- Person applying’s ID
- Social security numbers and immigration documents of everyone applying for help
- Dollar amount of assets: cars, homes, properties, bank accounts, investments, etc.
- Medicaid (KanCare) Insurance for Kids
- Birth certificate or immigration document of everyone applying for insurance
- Child’s Social Security number
- Monthly household income from everyone who works
- Parents’ ID or Driver’s License
Medicaid (KanCare) Insurance for the Elderly and Persons with Disabilities
- Two government issued forms of identification
- Health insurance cards, front and back
- Paystubs for the last 30 days, including VA or pension income
- Proof of any income other than Social Security
- Monthly statements for all bank accounts, including checking and savings, for the last three months
- Value of stocks, bonds or CDs for the last three months
- Statement showing value of IRAs and 401Ks
- Letter from your life insurance company verifying policy owner, face/cash values and any loans against the policy
- Proof of out-of-pocket medical expenses such as health insurance premiums and medical bills owed, due or expected.
- Names, birth dates and Social Security numbers for everyone in the household
- Projected household income for 2019
- Tax information, such as filing status and number of dependents
- Immigration documentation and supporting identification numbers
- An email address to create an online Marketplace account. Assistance can be provided for those who need to create one.
HPC enrollment specialists are available year-round to answer questions, complete Special Enrollment applications for those affected by a life-changing event and participate in community outreach and education events to raise awareness about the Marketplace.
To schedule an enrollment appointment, Monday-Friday, call 913-730-3653. It’s free!
Assistance brochure HPC – English | Assistance brochure HPC – Spanish
Sliding Fee Discount
If you don’t have insurance or can’t afford your insurance copayments, we can help.
You may be able to pay less for medical, behavioral health, dental and pharmacy services, depending on:
- The number of people in your household
- Your income
If you don’t qualify for a sliding fee, you can save by paying directly when you receive services. Payment plans are available.
Get Started Before Your Appointment
- Visit the Sliding Fee Discount page for an application and list of documents to bring with you.
- Arrive 30 minutes early to meet with a Financial Aid Coordinator.
- If you have questions, call 913-648-2266.