Update (7-14-20): Coronavirus (COVID-19) Alert
Effective immediately, temperature checks are suspended for the time being. Masks are still required by all. Thank you.
Update (6-22-20): Coronavirus (COVID-19) Alert
All individuals entering the clinic will undergo a quick temperature check with a touchless infrared thermometer and will be required to wear a mask. For the protection of our patients and staff, individuals with a 100 degrees or higher temperature will be directed to the Sick Check-In Room for further evaluation. In the event a parent/guardian of a patient has an elevated temperature it may be necessary to reschedule the face-to-face appointment or schedule a telemedicine visit.
Update (5-28-20): Coronavirus (COVID-19) Alert
The COVID-19 test is provided free to all patients.
The CARES Act requires that COVID-19 testing be covered by health insurers and provides for reimbursement to health care providers for eligible uninsured patients.
- If you are a patient experiencing homelessness, your visit and test will be provided at no charge.
- If you are uninsured, your visit and test will be provided at no cost to you.
- If you are insured, your insurance will be billed. Insurance will be billed per the fee schedule, outlined below:
- Nurse Visit to administer test = $72.00
- COVID-19 Diagnostic Test performed and billed by an outside lab = $100.00
- Insured patients should contact their insurance company directly with questions regarding COVID-19 coverage.
Update (5-14-20): Coronavirus (COVID-19) Alert
To reduce the potential spread of COVID-19:
- If you have severe symptoms and feel you need to be seen, please call our dedicated COVID-19 phone line at 913-276-7012 before coming to the clinic.
- All patients are required to wear a mask.
- Only adult patients (and their legal guardians) are allowed in the clinic. Family or friends must wait in their cars.
- Pediatric patients are allowed one parent/guardian to attend an appointment. No additional siblings or family members are allowed.
- Pediatric visits for well-child, physicals and immunizations may be scheduled for multiple family members. Children must be healthy and symptom free.
- Please practice social distancing for the safety of all.
- If you (or your child) have a mild illness and feel comfortable managing with supportive care measures at home, please do so.
Update (3-27-20): Mask Up at HPC
Effective immediately, all patients and visitors who enter our doors will now be required to wear a mask for the safety of our patients and staff–no matter your symptoms. Thank you!
In addition, we continue to maintain high standards for sanitation throughout the clinic, including exam rooms and high-touch, high-traffic areas and frequent handwashing by staff. We encourage you and your family to wash your hands frequently and thoroughly. Hand sanitizer is available throughout the clinic.
Lastly, we ask that only the scheduled patient and one additional adult attend the appointment to minimize exposure and staff time for screening family members.
Thank you for your patience as we continue to reevaluate and adjust our workflow to protect both patients and staff. As a community health center, our goal is to maintain access to care for you and your family.