Post written by Rhiannon Moore, MA, PSYD, Licensed Psychologist
Behavioral Health Clinician and Assistant Director of Behavioral Health
In the pursuit of improving overall wellness…
Behavioral Health joins forces with pediatric medical and dental providers
Health Partnership Clinic’s Behavioral Health Team is joining forces with pediatric medical and dental providers to promote overall wellness, routine maintenance of mental health and prevention of mental illness through the provision of integrated Behavioral Health services following pediatric medical visits.
On Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays a Behavioral Health Clinician (BHC) will be collaborating with medical and dental staff to provide same-day brief behavioral health visits for pediatric patients. BHC interactions with patient/parent may include (but are not limited to):
- Developmental screening
- Screening for exposure to traumatic events
- Depression, anxiety, substance use screening
- Psychoeducation regarding mental health promotion, prevention and maintenance
- Education regarding the relationship between physical and mental health
- Brief interventions to address sleep hygiene, nutrition/physical activity, stress management
- Parenting education
- Education regarding available community-based resources
- Education regarding full spectrum of behavioral health services available through HPC
More extensive visits with a BHC may be scheduled for follow-up care or to address significant mental or behavioral health concerns.
The goal is to provide patients and their parents/guardians with the information and skills needed to prevent and/or manage symptoms of mental illness to reduce the significant negative impact these conditions can have on individuals and families.