HPC’s School-Based Health Clinic Welcomes Back SMSD Students
By Catherine Rice, Vice President of Marketing/Outreach
School is in and so is our School-Based Health Clinic at Shawnee Mission West High School, which resumed operations on Aug. 18. Health Partnership Clinic’s (HPC) health clinic is open on Thursdays from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. We offer in-person or virtual appointments. Walk-ins are accommodated if the schedule permits. To schedule an appointment, call 913-648-2266.
Our school-based health clinic is an excellent example of how our mission extends beyond our clinic doors. Within the walls of Shawnee Mission West, we provide quality, accessible and affordable health care services, including primary, dental and mental health care, to all Shawnee Mission School District students and their siblings, from three to 20 years old.
The clinic accepts KanCare/Medicaid, commercial insurance and uninsured patients. A sliding fee discount program is available to those who qualify. Students are expected to pay a copay, and fees are waived for students experiencing homelessness.
- Immunizations (appointment required)
- Yearly Physicals (school/sports)
- Well-child/teen check-ups
- Age-appropriate sexual health
- Lab tests
- COVID testing/vaccines
- Strep/flu tests
- Asthma care
- A Behavioral Health Clinician is on site to provide integrated visits for a wide variety of mental health and psychosocial needs. Services include brief assessments, consultations/therapy, interventions and referrals to a higher level of care as needed.
- A Dental Hygienist is on site to provide dental screenings and fluoride varnish treatments during medical visits. More dental services coming soon.
- Medicaid and Marketplace insurance enrollment.
- Anything you want to talk about.
Welcome back SMSD students! We are here and ready to serve your health needs!