Health Partnership Clinic launches telemedicine to expand access to patients
By Wael S. Mourad, MD, MHCM, FAAFP, Chief Health Officer and Family Physician, Health Partnership Clinic.
To provide more access to our patients and additional safety to our staff, Health Partnership Clinic (HPC) now offers telemedicine appointments for new and existing patients of all ages.
This is part of our response to the COVID-19 Pandemic. We believe this new tool can help mitigate the risk by minimizing the amount of face-to-face interactions while continuing our mission to provide access to quality, affordable health care.
Virtual medical visits are provided by our friendly and highly skilled pediatricians and family practice providers via a smartphone, computer, laptop or even a basic mobile phone and landline. While our clinic doors remain open, we recognize that for many, coming in for a visit is just not possible. For most cases, a telemedicine visit allows the provider and his/her team to provide the same level of care that is delivered in our office. If it is discovered during the visit that the provider needs to see the patient, arrangement will be made.
Examples of telemedicine appointments include, but are not limited, to:
- Acute (or more urgent) needs, such as allergies; skins concerns (rash, insect bite, etc.); infection (such as earaches or urinary tract infections); or cough, cold or flu-like symptoms
- Chronic (or more routine care) needs, such as diabetes and hypertension
- Behavioral health needs, such as Substance Abuse Service and Medication-Assisted Treatment appointments
- Medication refills and new prescriptions
- Lab and diagnostic imaging orders and referrals
- Follow up on lab and diagnostic imaging results
Telemedicine visits are available during clinic hours, Monday-Friday. Insurance will be billed for the telemedicine appointment just like a regular visit. All telemedicine visits are eligible for our sliding fee discount program.
The implementation of telemedicine was a great effort by our providers, senior leaders and support staff. Special thanks to the following:
Emily M. Bush, MD
Emily C. Day, DDS, Dental Director
Veronica Flores, Patient Services Representative Manager
Hibba A. Haider, MD
Maria Hensley, Health Informatics Manager
Brenda McLaughlin, VP of Finance
Jennifer Miller, FNP-BC
Wael S. Mourad, MD, MHCM, FAAFP
Billie Reese-Turner, Billing and Patient Services Director
Catherine Rice, VP of Marketing
Debbie Sparks, Development/Marketing Manager
Whitney Venegoni, APRN, FNP-BC
Patti West, DNP, APRN
Tristen Winston, MA, PsyD, Behavioral Health Services Director
Individuals wishing to schedule a Telemedicine visit, or convert an existing appointment to telemedicine, are invited to call 913-648-2266. For more information about Health Partnership’s telemedicine services, visit us at https://hpcks.org/telemedicine.
- All individuals entering our clinics who have trouble breathing/shortness of breath, fever, cough, or sore throat and/or runny nose will be screened. If you have any of these symptoms, call HPC’s COVID phone line at 913-276-7012 before you enter our doors. You can call before you leave home too! We are also happy to answer your COVID-19 questions.
- All patients and visitors who enter HPC are required to wear a mask for the safety of our patients and staff–no matter your symptoms.
- We are offering dental emergency care only at our Olathe site. Call 913-648-2266 for a dental phone assessment.
- No visitors, including sibling visitors. Please have your family/friends stay in their car or at home.
- Pediatric patients may only have one parent/guardian.
- Parents/guardians must be free of respiratory symptoms and fever to be in the clinic.
- We continue to provide Substance Abuse Services via telehealth. To schedule, call 913-730-3664
- We continue to treat patients in our Medication-Assisted Treatment program. Currently, we are not accepting any new patients.
- Crisis support:
- Heartland RADAC: 1-800-281-0029 24hrs
- Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration (SAMSHA) Disaster Helpline: 1-800-985-5990
- Johnson County Crisis Line: 913-268-0156 24hrs
- Franklin County Crisis Line: 785-242-3789 24hrs
- Miami County Crisis Line: 913-557-9096 24hrs
Individuals wishing to schedule a Telemedicine visit, or convert an existing appointment to telemedicine, are invited to call 913-648-2266.
For more questions about Health Partnership’s telemedicine services, visit us at https://hpcks.org/telemedicine.